The West Bengal government has chosen to drop the yearly Durga Puja fair for the second year straight inferable from the continuous Covid illness (Covid-19) pandemic according to the public authority. The festival includes the presentation of the city's top puja pandal subjects before symbol submersion. The choice accompanies the Durga Puja is just days away.
Trinamool Congress (TMC) boss Mamata Banerjee-drove state government has additionally given a bunch of Covid-19 rules that all puja panels need to obligatorily continue to deal with the flood of individuals during the six-day celebration. The state government has likewise prohibited all types of social projects close to the marquees considering the Covid emergency.
The Calcutta high court has a restricted a section of guests to puja pandals this year too. The state government has announced unwinding in the continuous night-time limit by allowing development somewhere in the range of 11 pm and 5 am during the puja days. Be that as it may, other existing limitations relating to Covid-19 have been stretched out till October 30.
The full rundown of rules:
• The state government likewise said that the conveyance of prasad or sindoor khela ought to be coordinated by the puja board of trustees in an arranged way and in more modest gatherings.
• The state government has guided puja coordinators to keep introductions, and grant appropriation programs calm.
• The request expressed that all visits for judging pandals ought to be virtual and actual visits ought to be made during the lean hours, between 10 AM and 3 PM.
• The public authority requested that the coordinators make their plans ahead of time to work with visits to pandal premises from Tritiya (third day of the 10-day celebration).
• According to the state government, the local group of fire-fighters would not be charging any expense for setting up wellbeing measures in the marquees.
• The state said it is giving a one-time monetary help of Rs 50,000 to each puja council to assist them with making imperative courses of action in the midst of the pandemic.
Current Cases: The loss of life in West Bengal on Monday went up to 18,837 after 12 additional individuals surrendered to the illness. The count went up to 15,71,841 with 601 additional individuals testing positive for the disease. Of the new fatalities, five were accounted for from North 24 Parganas while three passings were enrolled in Kolkata. Two each were accounted for from Paschim Medinipur and Nadia locale.
Image Credit: The Statesman