There is no citizen in the nation without an Aadhaar card. Currently, an Aadhaar card is required for every job. This information is needed for Aadhaar-PAN card holders. Therefore, the government has made it necessary to link PAN cards with Aadhar by March 31, 2023. (PAN-Aadhar Link). If you haven't connected your PAN and Aadhaar yet, do it before March 31, 2023, or you could face a punishment of up to Rs 1000. Section 234H is the reason for this rule (added in Income Tax Act 1961).
The government gave the deadline.
It's noteworthy that the government has maintained March 31, 2023, as this deadline. A 1000 rupee fine will be considered if your Aadhaar and PAN fail to link by the deadline (Pan Aadhaar Link Last Date). Not only that, but if a person waits until the very last minute to link their PAN with their Aadhaar, their PAN will be meaningless.
Income tax department tweet
Significantly, the Income Tax Department tweeted about this. According to this tweet, before 31.03.2023, all PAN holders without an exemption must link their PAN with their Aadhaar by the Income Tax Act of 1961. PANs not connected to Aadhaar will no longer be active as of April 1, 2023.
How does a PAN Card or Aadhaar Card Link?
You can check your status if you've connected your PAN card to your Aadhaar.
- Visit the Income Tax Department's new website at https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal on the main website at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Here, select the "Link Aadhaar" option.
- To check your status, click on the "Click here" link.
- You must now enter the information from your PAN card and Aadhaar here.
- You will see if your PAN card is already linked to your Aadhaar card.
- You can click on the link https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home if your PAN card and Aadhaar card need to be linked.
- Now you click on Link Aadhaar.
- Now you fill in your details here.
- Finally, your PAN card will be linked with your Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar-PAN card link can also be done through SMS
Sending an SMS is another option for tying your PAN and Aadhaar card together if you don't have a smartphone or PC. Send an SMS to 567678 or 561561 with the text UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhaar> <10-digit PAN> from your registered phone if you'd like to use the SMS service. Once you've done this, the link information will only be available through message.