If you want to update your mobile number into your Aadhaar card for any reason, we are going to tell you the most comfortable way today, let us know about this easy way...! Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by the Government of India and is released on the basis of the person's biometric information such as iris scan, fingerprint, and demographic information such as DOB and home address, etc. Updating Aadhaar is not only beneficial but also necessary for many online services. To avail of online services related to Aadhaar, you must first register your mobile number with UIDAI, which will be used for authentication through OTP.
If your mobile number is lost or for some other reason you want to change the number on your Aadhaar card, you can follow these steps.
How to change your mobile number in online Aadhaar:
The mobile number on Aadhaar can be changed offline, and UIDAI has not placed an online method to prevent misuse of personal information. However, you can download the application form online for this and save some of your time. Your existing mobile number should be registered on the Aadhaar card for this work.
You can update your mobile number based in two ways:
How to update mobile numbers based on OTP:
- First, visit the official portal https://ask.uidai.gov.in/ Aadhaar
- Log in with the help of your mobile number and captcha. Once you have filled the details, click on Send OTP.
- Enter OTP in the box on the right and proceed by clicking submit OTP. Keep the mobile with you so that OTP can enter immediately.
- On the next page, you will find options for Aadhaar Services New Enrolment and Update Base, click here on the update basis.
- On the next screen, you will find options like name, Aadhaar number, resident type, and what you want to update.
- Now fill in the mandatory options here and select the mobile number on the 'What do you want to update' section.
- On the next page, you will be asked your mobile number and captcha. Fill all fields and click on Send OTP. Enter the received OTP and verify it and then click save and process.
- Check all the details again last time and click the Submit button.
- You'll then get a success screen with an appointment ID. Click on the Book Appointment option and book the slot at the Base Enrolment Client Center.
How to update mobile number without OTP:
- Visit the Aadhaar enrolment or update center.
- Fill in the Aadhaar update form.
- Write your existing mobile number on the form.
- You don't need to write on your old mobile number form.
- The executive will register your request.
- You will be given a one-off slip on which urn update request number will be written.
- This service has to be given Rs 25
Image credit: financialexpress