Voter ID Card can be seen as a photo identity card (EPIC) or a voter card. Through this card, you can vote in India, and it is also seen as an identity card for your citizenship. If you live in India and you are 18 years of age or older, you can easily go to the election commission and apply for the creation of your voter ID card. After your application, when you get your voter ID card, but nowhere you feel that for some reason your photo, name, and address, etc. on this card is wrong, you can change it. Although many people may feel that they have to struggle a lot, you can tell you that you can do it very easily. In your voter ID card, you can perform any kind of correction online. Many of you will be very upset about this work. So let's tell you here that you don't need to be upset. You can easily make all kinds of corrections online in your voter ID card.
How to change your photo to voter ID card
1. For this, you have to go to www.nvsp.in first. This is the official website of the National Voters Service in India.
2. Here you need to go to the fifth option, 'Correction of entries in the electoral roll.'
3. Then you will see that form 8 is going to be open immediately for such a correction, although if this does not happen, you can open it by clicking on Form 8.
4. Now here you have to choose your state, assembly or parliamentary constituency.
5. Whatever things you have been asked to change in the photo voter ID card here, you need to fill them up.
6. You will then need to fill the serial number and part number of your electoral roll.
7. However, you can also be asked about your photo identity card number.
8. Now click on the photograph option.
9. Now here you need to fill in your personal information such as your name, address, and voter ID card number, plus you need to enter your date of birth here, and you have to also fill about your spouse, your father, and mother name.
10. Now you have to select your gender.
11. Now you have to enter some documents that are sought from you here, you can upload them here.
12. You are now going to be asked to fill in your email ID, phone number, place and date, etc.
13. You must submit now.
14. As soon as you fill out this form, you are going to receive a confirmation message.
15. Your photo is going to be converted into your voter id card within about 30 days thereafter.
How to change the address in your Voter ID card
To change the online address in Voter ID Card, first, you click on www.nvsp.in and log on to the official website available to voters. Then select the option "Apply online for registration of a new voter due to transfer from AC." Then choose Form 8A from the options provided, followed by an online form appear in the new tab. Fill in the form with your name, address, state, constituency, and new address as well as details as required. Then upload a document that mentions your current address (such as Aadhaar card, bank passbook, or any official document). Submit the form online after filling out the form and uploading the document. You will then find a reference number that you can use to track your application. The verification will be done by the electoral authorities after submitting the application. After the verification is successful, you will get the voter ID card with your new address.
Image credit: indiatoday