Some of Twitter's names were hacked on Thursday. The accounts hacked include Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Apple accounts. By hacking these accounts, hackers have tweeted to promote cryptocurrency scams. In addition, similar posts have been made from the accounts of former US President Barack Obama, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian West, Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos, and Mike Bloomberg. Let's say that the Twitter account hack can steal users' important information and help them perform activities like bank fraud. Here we are giving easy tips to avoid hacking twitter accounts in this article.
What to do and what not:
- Twitter users should create a 10-character password.
- When setting a password, the keyboard should use uppercase, lowercase, number, and symbol.
- Users should create separate passwords for each social media account.
- Personal information such as phone numbers, birthdays should not be used when doing passwords.
- The user should not use the dictionary word like iLoveYou when creating a password.
- Do not use sequence numbers such as abcd1234 when creating a password.
Adopt These Best Practices:
- With log-in verification, you can increase the security layer by using a one-time password and thus keep the account more secure.
- You must add e-mail and phone numbers for a password reset.
- Avoid clicking suspicious links on Twitter.
- Do not give username and password to a third party who offers to increase the follower and make money.
- Always check that your computer is software and browser updates. Also, use anti-virus in phones and laptops.
- Once you log in to Twitter, make a cross-check to the URL. Always log in to Twitter.com or Twitter.com/login.
Image credit: trendmicro